Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas all taken care of

I finished all of my Christmas knitting just in time. Christmas eve morning I threw all of my potholders in the wash Aren't they so pretty? I love how the patterns changed slowly though out the year making them. Washing them was a great idea, they became so much better once the hot water shrunk the stitches together making them much more pot holder like.

That is how much lint came out of the wash with them (not to mention what was in the lint trap.







And that is what was happening out side while washing them.







While they were drying I finished weaving in all the ends on my tailgate rug from Mason-Dixon knitting. My first project ever from their books.


I love knitting this thing but let me tell you, the weaving in part is no fun. There are a million ends (can you tell I don't typically do much color work?) I will however defiantly be making more of these, my mom and me both want one. This one went to my grandma.


While washing the rug I wrapped all the pot holders. They look so small all wrapped up. The rug came out of the dryer at 2:00 and we had to be out the door at 2:30 to get there on time. I guess I did cut it pretty close. But in my credit I a) got it done and b) started last January, it wasn't my fault I had 3 baby showers to go to and totally got distracted by discovering yarn on e-bay, knitting blogs and ravelry in the meantime.

Everyone loved their presents, or at least they did to my face. (that's all that matters) I'm very happy with this years knitting.

I have it all planed out for next year. I'm going to make Christmas ornaments. I'm using the "Cabled Globe Ornament" by Eunny Jang from A Little Something Special on knitting daily. I'm going to adjust the pattern greatly to

a) make it smaller, the pattern is for balls that are 9" across, I want them to be more like 3"

b)use the Christmas sale yarn I got already, here it the whole kit-n-kabotal (when I got the add from Joann's that said that all the wool-ease was on sale for $1.99 I couldn't wait until Friday but when I got there are realised that wool ease is regularly $3, I was slightly upset and almost didn't buy any, but as you can see, I did anyways. 33% off is still on sale)

No comments: