Sunday, August 3, 2008

I got an earfull

Here is how far I have gotten with my corn yarn. I picked out a pattern that I'm pretty sure I don't have enough yarn to finish but I'm prepared to alter that pattern as much as I have to to finish with what I have. After winding the whole big loop up I got this. I call it my dinosaur egg.

That is the patten I'm using in the background. It is called the laguna blouse. I love the gathered sleeves. However, it I run out of yarn those will be the first to go (unless adding shaping will solve the problem). I'm thinking that with both shaping and changing it to a tank top I will be able to make something wearable out to this ball of yarn. It is meant to be knit in two parts and sewn together but I have changed it to knit in the round and this will involve no sewing!!! It is a very simple pattern to so this endless sea of stockinette is starting to get the best of me. I hate the thought of having to rip it all out and re-knit it. My progress so far is a bit tube, about 11 inches long.


I have about 11 more inches to go and I'm pretty sure that I've used more than half of the yarn. But I'm going to knit it all up before riping back to see just how much I'm working with. The yarn is very nice to kit with. It smells like being in a corn field. But only when you are knitting or working with the yarn (ie is needs some heat to bring out the corn field smell) it is very nice. The weird thing is that after knitting for over 1/2 hour my thumb starts to burn a bit (like I'm allergic to the dye or something) I don't know if this is normal or if I should worry about it but I still am in love this the corn. A quick search on ravelry showed me that this is not the only corn yarn out their. I am very interesting in looking into different weights of this delightful fiber. (I LOVE CORN)

No comments: