Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ran out of Yarn, but never fear

I knitted until the yarn ran out and then knitted some more. I was not able to finish the laguna blouse. The sleeves where just to much for my limited about of yarn. I knew this from the get go but thought I could figure out a way to make it work. Fortunately I did not have to rip out the whole thing to get something wearable. I turned it into a tank top, a no sew tank top, that I am quite proud of.

I didn't want to bother to try and find a pattern that could work with the 203 stitches that I already had 13" knitted in the round (yes it was supposes to be 204 and can't find where I dropped a stitch so I think I must have not cast on the right number) So I made my own pattern. It worked quite well, I measured a tank top that fits me, did the math and then re-knitted the sleeves (or straps as they now are). I really love the clever way I came up with casting off to not get that staggered edge line along the neck. I didn't do the picking up stitches thing to knit a neck band either.


I am contemplating adding the neck band since I do have some yarn left over and the straps are starting to curl. Since it has a low back and front the neck band might need more yarn than I have left, even for one or two rows. I just don't like picking up stiches since I'm not all that good at it.

The yarn did wash up quite nicely. The hubby did the laundry and did not do anything special and it came out unharmed (good thing for him or he might have been harmed). He didn't even think about doing something different until he saw me try it on right away while folding the laundry.

No comments: