Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Met A Celebrity

Yesterday I went to YarnCon with the local snb group. I hadn't planed on going until I discovered that Ann and Kay of Mason-Dixon Knitting were going to be there (I would use exclamation points here but to convey my excitement would use to many, lets just say it would be similar to the excitement of winning on a game show ) I met Ann and she signed my book, and I have proof. (Kay wasn't actually there so I couldn't show her my applied i-cord potholder)

Now I will take a minuet to explain why I am quite so crazy about the Mason-Dixon Knitting Gals. Their book was the first to show me the vast on-line knitting group and I will always be extremely grateful. I am now officially obsessed with knitting and now know that I am not alone. I had been knitting for a little over 5 years before I read their book but it was never obsession (my friends will tell you otherwise but I never really went over the deep end until I read there book) Their writing style was just so different from the other pattern books, IE it had a writing style. They talked about knitting the way I had always thought about it, but never had anyone to talk about it with that didn't look at me like I was mad. Now, I have never actually knitted anything from their book... but just love the way they talk about knitting. I fully intend to eventually knit the after dark nightie and tailgate rad rug (I actually have yarn for this one) and a log cabin blanket and many more from their new book (once I finish reading it).

There was a knitting group that had a great idea, they destashed their yarn and sold it in surprise bags for $5. I really wanted to get one just cuz it was a great idea. They also had the crazy cool row counter that was a bracelet.

I found another new plant fiber to knit with. This time it is banana (ok to the dried trunk of a banana tree) and silk. I got five hanks of the plum/brown (bottom right) from BodhiYarn. I now have to come up with what to knit with this find. I have about 750 yards and am thinking a 3/4 length sleeve shirt (if possible) sleeves to shorten if needed (here I go again)

No comments: