Saturday, July 12, 2008

A green balcony

My grandma got me this really cool patio garden for my birthday a few years back and this is the first year I have been able to use it and I love it. I was worried that nothing would grow since we don't get that much sun. (have a north facing balcony) There is direct sun light from about 5 pm till it gets dark. But this stuff is growing like crazy (plus I kind of put to much stuff in such a small space since I didn't think it would grow all that much) Here was the beginning:




And then it grew into this:


I then added four pots of flowers. I still don't have any flowers on the flowers but I do have flowers on the tomatoes and the cucumbers. The cucumber were a bad idea on a balcony since I found out the are reachers but now I have this:



A baby cucumber!! No tomatoes or green peepers yet but I'm sure they will come. There are a bunch of herbs too that are growing nicely; rosemary, dill, parsley, oregano, and two kinds of basil. The chives are not growing so well, but they seam to have survived the first batch of stalks dying and are still alive.


No comments: