Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July



The 4th is by far one of my fav holidays. This could be because it was the one major holiday that my parents had at their house, but probably not the only reason.




This is what I did in the morning. The party prep was not going to start until 11 so I had 2 hours to kill in the morning before I had to go and buy ice. At first I started working on my knitting but it was not 4th themed and it could not keep my attention once I hear the bagpipe guys starting to warm up for the parade.

The parade for my town starts 1/2 block south of my apartment so I can hear all the the prep stuff from my balcony. It also means that the police block off my street and that if I leave, I can't get back in. I had never run into this problem before but I ran to the store to get the ice to give my hubby some more time to get ready. It was then that I realised there was no real way to get back and pick him up with out going the wrong way out the parking lot. Thankfully the cops did not see me do this (or did not care) people walking down the street definitely gave me looks (not so nice ones).

The party prep did not take all that long and I again picked up my non patriotic knitting and got to work. But this time I was looking down at my pretty nails so it was much more appropriate for the day.

This is the knitting, a pretty pink baby dress for one of my cousin-in-laws baby girl. I hate knitting this dress. It is taking much to long for a baby project. But I know it will look crazy cute when all sewn up because it will do a puffy thing (which is why it is taking so long) I also have a dead line, next Sunday for the baptism party. I'm done with the back and both sleeves hopefully I can finish the front soon.
I'm off to more fireworks at my grandmas. (and a long car ride to work on the dress!)

No comments: